Open Ph.D. student position in Digital Fashion Communication
at the Institute of Digital Technologies for Communication, Faculty of Communication Sciences, USI – Università della Svizzera italiana
The Institute of Digital Technologies for Communication (USI – Università della Svizzera italiana) invites applications for one fully funded Ph.D. position in Communication Sciences for conducting research in the area of digital fashion communication. This scholarship is for three years. For the third year of the Ph.D. project, the candidate is invited to apply for an annual research period abroad supported by the Swiss National Science Foundation. In addition to waived fees for the duration of the three ‐ years scholarship, the award includes provision for a student maintenance grant at the yearly rate of about CHF 40.000; annual renewal is not automatic, but contingent on satisfactory progress. A conference attendance allowance will also be provided.
The successful candidate will work as junior researcher at the Institute of Digital Technologies for Communication, and will have the possibility to interact with an international network of collaborators. The candidate will collaborate to teaching activities at USI. Workplace is USI in Lugano, Switzerland.
Ideal candidates should satisfy the following requirements:
- A Master degree in a relevant area (including Media and Communication, Marketing, Business Administration, Social Sciences, Art History, Fashion Management), finished prior to appointment
- High motivation for academic research
- Interest in online communication, specifically in the fashion domain
- Ability to work independently and to plan and direct own work
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate in teams
- C1 level of in both oral and written English (official language of the Ph.D. program)
You can find further details about the position and information about the application procedure here.