Istituto Svizzero - Rome
The image and reputation of a nation are reflected in its creative industries, and are in turn produced and promoted by them. In this context, fashion plays a role of primary importance, both for its link with costume, art and intangible cultural heritage, and for its ability to act as an “ambassador” of a nation or region.
The symbolic market of national image and reputation today is also – perhaps primarily – negotiated in the world of digital communication. In fact, the digital transformation deeply involves all creative industries. The fashion world is experiencing this digital transformation on three levels:
– At the level of industrial production, from design to production and logistics, facing new challenges of economic, environmental and social sustainability;
– At the level of marketing and sales, both with e-commerce and with the hybridization of the physical store, in the so-called “omnichannel” interaction with various stakeholders;
– In the formation of styles and trends, defining from time to time what is, or is no longer, “fashionable,” in a constant dialogue between actors in the fashion sector, institutions, and markets.
Who can participate:
Structure of the program:
The fee includes accommodation, breakfast, coffee breaks and lunches, visits, lectures and all training activities from Sunday evening, 29th August, to Saturday, 4th of September (including breakfast). Lodging will be on the Villa Maraini premises (due to pandemic restrictions and until further notice, accommodation will be limited to 1 person per room). Dinners are excluded.
Bally offers three full grants covering the tuition fee. Applicants interested in applying also to the Bally scholarship, please specify this in the application letter, so that we are allowed to share your data with the company for the selection process.
The Bally grants have been awarded.
Applicants who have paid the due amount, and then have to resign, are entitled to 60% reimbursement if they resign before June 30, 2021; to 50% if they resign by July 31, 2021. No reimbursement is possible after July 31, 2021.
In case of Summer School cancellation, payments will be reimbursed in full.
How to enroll:
Applicants should send their CV and a motivation letter to: lorenzo.cantoni/at/usi.ch
About 20 candidates will be selected.
Hereafter the main dates:
February 26, 2021: deadline to apply. Although the deadline has passed, we have still a couple of available places, hence late applicants will be considered.
- March 22, 2021: selected candidates are informed
- May 14, 2021: payment is due to confirm participation
To proceed with online payment click here.