Conference call for papers
"Fashion communication: between tradition and future digital developments"
CSF Congressi Stefano Franscini – Monte Verità (Ascona, Switzerland), 21-26 July, 2019
Lorenzo Cantoni, USI – Università della Svizzera italiana (Lugano, Switzerland)
Francesca Cominelli, Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris, France)
Nadzeya Kalbaska, USI – Università della Svizzera italiana (Lugano, Switzerland)
Teresa Sádaba, ISEM Fashion Business School (Madrid, Spain)
Hosted by the prestigious Congressi Stefano Franscini, conference platform of the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology of Zurich, the Conference “Fashion communication: between tradition and future digital developments” is a major academic event, which aims to promote theoretical and empirical interdisciplinary work on how various communication practices impact upon fashion industry and on societal fashion-related practices and values. In particular, the relation between tradition and innovation, as well as the impact of new technologies, digital communication and the internet will be under scrutiny.
Full papers are required no later than
18 January 2019 25 January 2019
Notification of acceptance will be provided by
25 February 2019
Final papers should be submitted by
22 March 2019
Due to numerous requests, we are still accepting posters for the conference until 15 June 2019. If you are interested to submit one, please, contact Ms. Branislava Trifkovic (email@example.com).
Main goals of the Conference:
- to consolidate Fashion Communication as an academic field
- to establish and consolidate an international and interdisciplinary network of scholars in the field of Fashion Communication
- to share methodological approaches
- to expand the dialogue between communications studies, heritage studies and Fashion-related disciplines
- to collaboratively design a Research Manifesto on Fashion Communication
- to support junior researchers
Topics of interest
The major topics of interest focus on communication aspects in the Fashion domain. They include but are not limited to:
- Communication of sustainability and ethical issues in Fashion
- Corporate communication in the fashion domain
- Digital Fashion Communication (e.g. digital media channels, blogging, User Generated Contents, online reputation)
- Fashion brands and communication with consumers
- Fashion communication in the retail environment
- Fashion shows as a communication object
- Intangible Cultural Heritage dimension of Fashion
- Intercultural Communication in Fashion
- Media in Fashion
- Visual communication in Fashion
Download pdf version of the call for papers here
Full Papers, presenting a major original contribution, up to 12 pages in length (reference pages and appendices included).
Research Notes, presenting an in-progress research (e.g.: by a PhD candidate), up to 5 pages in length (reference pages and appendices included).
All papers should be formatted according to the provided template (please follow the reference style MathPhySci) available here – (updated version, 26 November 2018).
Accepted papers (both full papers and research notes) will be published in a Proceedings volume by Springer.
Go on Easychair platform to submit your paper. All papers will be double-blind peer-reviewed by experienced researchers who are members of the scientific review committee. To ensure blind-review process, please, keep your submission anonymous. Final acceptance will depend on whether the author(s) can adequately address review comments to the satisfaction of the reviewers.
CSF Award for the best presentation
During the conference, a price of 500.- CHF will be awarded to the best scientific oral presentation. The winner will be chosen by the scientific committee among junior researchers participating to the conference.
Click here to read about registration, payment process, and logistics
For further inquiries, please, contact
Nadzeya Kalbaska, PhD
Institute of Communication Technologies
USI – Università della Svizzera italiana